Every year, come early fall, my quest for re-stocking the freezer begins. The opening of hunting season is something I anxiously await because I know all my months of intense physical training and preparation will pay off. I know a physically fit hunter who is properly prepared will have more chances at opportunities in the backwoods. It’s me against the wild, athlete versus athlete, and the drive I have to fuel my body with the most untouched, unprocessed protein makes me the most competitive athlete in the backwoods. It’s survival of the fittest…and I am Lethal.
As you can see, my food shed is packed full of protein now since the hunting season has come to an end. More than 95 % of my protein intake comes straight from my successful hunts and fishing trips. The other 5% comes from free roam eggs, eating out, and supplements. If I ever start to run low, a fishing trip or a hog hunt will be planned.
The Hunt Strong philosophy is simple. Train for your hunts, Hunt Strong, eat what you harvest, and live long. People always ask me what I eat. My answer……wild athletes. The faces I get are priceless. It pays to Hunt, especially if you Hunt Strong. I am proud to be a Hunter; one who lives The Backwoods Life.