Guess What Came in the Mail Today?
If you are up for a tough challenge, join me and my team (ROBZFITNESS) for the annual Fight For Air Climb at the Bank of America (BOA) Building in downtown Tampa! All proceeds go to benefit The American Lung Association in the fight for air. For more information, please click on the following link http://action.lungusa.org/site/TR?fr_id=2440&pg=entry.
Bank of America Building?
That’s right! It’s a race up the stairwell from the ground all the way to the top floor! It does not matter how you get there, as long as you go up the stairwell. Yep, No Elevator! You can run, walk, or pull your way to the top.
How many Flights, Floors, Steps, and how high?
84 Flights, 42 Floors, over 900 Steps, and 577 ft high!
On March 26, 2011, hundreds of people will huff and puff their way up the 42 flights in the Bank of America Plaza in downtown Tampa. This is more than your same old 5K; this event takes people vertical! Whether climbing for a winning time or simply to cross the finish line in honor or in memory of someone with lung disease, this event is a great way to challenge yourself physically. We guarantee that all finishers will have a new-found respect for healthy lungs!
General event information:
- The registration fee is $25.00 per person (early bird $15 before 1/3/11 and late fee $35 starting the week of the event 3/21/11) and the minimum fundraising requirement is $100.00 per person. Registration fee and minimum fundraising goal are required per person in order to participate in the event, whether you are an individual or on a team.
- All participants are professionally timed and ranked by timing chips.
- All climbers will receive an official Fight For Air Climb T-shirt, medal, giveaways and refreshments.
- Fundraising incentives will be given to top fundraisers. Start early and you will easily reach your fundraising goal!
- Awards will be given to fastest climbers, top fundraisers and top teams. (Awards are not given out at event, a separate awards ceremony is held at a later date.)
You can register as an individual, as a member of an existing team or as the captain of a new team. Teams must consist of at least a captain and 3 or more people (this is for timing purposes). Participants registering as a member of a team, please note that the TEAM CAPTAIN has to register online first before you can. You can also register as a spectator for a $10 fee. Spectators can be there to support their climbers and join in on the after-party for snacks and refreshments. *Please note spectators do not receive t-shirts. T-shirts may be purchased upon availability.